11.17.2010

2008 Monogamy North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon

The other night I was hunting for a new cabernet to try and found myself eyeball to label with this one. I've seen its clever little label before and never been interested. This time, I was. Partly because it was on sale. I was getting some "take out" for dinner last Friday. We've discovered that Raley's, our closest market, makes a stupid good BBQ TriTip roast. They can be found near the rotisserie chickens. I don't know why these things are so dang fantastic, but sweet mama dog, they are. So, TriTip roast in my basket I scoodled over to the wine aisle. Someone should analyze why I choose the wines I do. Someone -- but not me. The results sound interesting but not the work in getting there.


The Monogamy winery is in Santa Rosa, CA. Relatively close to my house, though on the other side of Napa and Sonoma. Haven't been there yet.

The wine was lovely. It was dry and had a nice deep, robust lingering sensation to it. That sounds...really like something else. But, I'm still talking about the wine. Really. Very enjoyable. Not over powering or too bold. Newer cabernet drinkers would likely be just as happy as self-proclaimed big cab lovers.

I would and will happily get this one again. For the money, it's right on. Got it on sale for right around $10. Normal retail around $14. And yes, it was super yummy with the roast. I can almost smell that roast. Mmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment