11.17.2010

2007 Seven Terraces Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough

Another joy of living in Northern California is the abundance of interesting groceries. A new favorite of mine is a chain called Grocery Outlet. They operate in a couple of western states, but I'd never been in one till moving here. Love! You literally never know what you are going to find there, because of the very nature of their business. Therefore, you must go often just to see what's there. Thankfully, I'm extremely good at going into stores and buying nothing. I do this more often than not. So, no harm done in going in a lot. Boy, what a digression. Anyway- the Grocery Outlet carries wine! Be still my heart! This is where I found a new fave, Seven Terraces Sauvignon Blanc.


This is a New Zealand wine. I don't think I've ever had a NZ wine I didn't like. You'll be the first to know should I encounter one. I felt confident about trying it for three reasons. I like sauvignon blancs. I've enjoyed sauvignon blancs from the Marlborough region before. It was cheap. There it is.

Fabulous. Truly. It is so good that Lance finally agreed to try it. He was stunned. He loudly exclaimed, "Write this down as my favorite and only sauvignon blanc. And go buy a case of it."

Dry. Crisp. Perfect.

The first time I had it, I munched my favorite meal of cheese, fruit and homemade bread. Last night, I had it again with some spinach tortellini. Wonderful in both cases.

Should you see this, get it. Air high 5  me  right in the store and go home happy.

Paid $4.99. Apparently, it usually retails around $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment